Saturday, April 27, 2013

Plans..

When I was in my 20's, I was a HUGE fan of the series Sex and The City.  I wanted to be Carrie Bradshaw.  I wanted to move to New York City and write and have that wonderful life.  Having your girlfriends around to go to breakfast and lunch and hang out, going to clubs and fashion show.   The fabulous life!

I thought that I could have it all.  I could have the career and also be the perfect wife and mommy.  I envisioned mornings during the week being happy and full of sunshine.  I never thought that it would be me pouring cereal and making M.'s lunch with F. on my hip screaming and drooling on my outfit for work.  I tried to make it work.  I prepped lunches for my husband and M. the night before, I planned dinners for the week, but they still were harried and rushed. I was working 8:30 -4:30, F. was in daycare and M. in all day Kindergarten.   Daycare was a good place for F.  He had fun interacting with other babies, but once he saw me, it was over.  As soon as I walked in the house from work, there was screaming and crying from him.  All he wanted to do was nurse and be held.  M. would be telling me about his day in between me trying to get undressed from work, making dinner and peeling F. off of me. I did this for about 7 months and then hubby and I re-visted our finances and I took the plunge to become a "domestic engineer".

Being a stay at home mommy has been more work than I ever imagined.  The cleaning and laundry and entertainment for the 1 year old "man of the house" during the day is exhausting!  I have only have 2 children and have been staying home for about two months now.  I feel that I am just now getting a rhythm down with my daily routine.  My hat is off to parents of more than 2 children.  Period!  Whether they stay at home or work outside the home, kudos to you!  It is so much work!

So, my dreams of moving to New York City and being fabulous, have been replaced by being the most fabulous Mommy at the bus stop and Parent Teacher Conferences.  I try my hardest to not go out in yoga pants.  I wear make up every day.  I try to not sport the ponytail every day.  :)  It is tough, but it is so worth it.  Being able to be home with my children is wonderful.  Being home when my husband gets home from work is a great feeling.  Ten years ago I never would have imagined that this is what I would be doing.  It is not what I thought my future would look like at all, but I would not change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment